15 Years of Creative Expression
15 Years of Collaboration
15 Years of Inclusivity
15 Years of Community
15 Years and Counting…
For 15 years, PlatteForum has sparked and empowered positive change for youth, artists and the community through the transformative power of the arts. PlatteForum pairs professional contemporary artists with our ArtLab high school interns to improve academic performance, increase graduation rates, prepare for postsecondary success and teach them how to create positive social change in their communities.
We’re celebrating our 15th anniversary and to honor the tremendous impact PlatteForum has had over the last 15 years, our long-time partner, Land Title Guarantee Company, has put forward a $15,000 challenge grant. Help PlatteForum raise $30,000 by December 31 and Land Title will write a $15,000 check to PlatteForum!
Your generosity makes possible results like these:
- Over the last 15 years, our high school interns achieved a 97% high-school graduation rate, far exceeding Denver, state and national averages.
- 15 high-school interns are currently participating in our ArtLab program and the planned ArtLab expansion will add an additional 15 ArtLab interns next fiscal year.
- PlatteForum provides paid positions to 15 contemporary artists and free exhibition space for another 35.
- More than 4,015 individuals benefit from PlatteForum each year through our workshops, exhibitions, events and other progressive programming.
PlatteForum is only able to achieve these results through the contributions of those who understand the immediate and long-term benefits of programs like ours. Your contribution will bring us one step closer to raising $30,000 by December 31 and releasing Land Title’s $15,000 challenge grant.
Thank you for supporting PlatteForum’s 15 years of artistic excellence and service to the community. Your continued commitment to the arts and under-resourced youth will make the next 15 years even more productive and more innovative than the first 15!
Beyond cash donations, there are many ways to donate:
- Ask your employer about work place giving or visit Community Shares for details.
- Fund an ArtLab scholarship.
- Include PlatteForum as part of your planned giving. Contact us
- Honor or remember a loved one with a gift in their name to PlatteForum.
- Donate items needed on our wish list.
- Encourage your employer to match your gift.
- Become a sponsor or encourage your employer to become a sponsor. Contact us
- Make a donation of cash or stocks. Contact us to learn more about donating stocks.
- Adopt a Bill! Pay our electric, internet, rent, or phone bill for a month or all year. Often overlooked, bills add up. Help ensure more funds benefit programs. Contact us
- Designate a donation through Mile High United Way.
- Donate your Vehicle.
- Donate gift cards to retailers like Target, Costco, King Soopers, Whole Foods, various restaurants, and many other stores help us keep costs down and direct more funds to programming.
- Donate tickets to arts events, museums, and film screenings and offer youth in our programs experiences in which they would otherwise not be able to participate due to cost.
- Donate air miles to send staff to national workshops, trainings, and conferences that help us stay on top of the latest trends and best practices for our programs.
- Donate general supplies such as printer cartridges, paper supplies, cleaning supplies, IT equipment (such as used iPads). Contact us to learn more about current needs.
Monthly Giving at PlatteForum
Consider automatic monthly donations to PlatteForum starting at $10 per month, and you’ll receive the satisfaction and good feeling of supporting our programs automatically every month without having to remember to get online or get out your checkbook and mail a check. And, because monthly giving is possible through ColoradoGives.org (and they pay all the processing fees, 100% of your donation goes to PlatteForum’s programs!), that means no postage, no checks, no hassles. Your monthly gift provides PlatteForum with reliable and regular income to cover our expenses, strengthen and expand our award-winning programs, and plan for the future. At the same time, it helps us eliminate unnecessary appeals and requests, ensuring that more of each donation goes directly to our programs and services.
Why give monthly?
- It’s easy. The monthly amount you select can be charged to your bank account or credit card automatically.
- It’s money we can count on. Knowing we can count on your monthly support helps us budget more effectively as an organization.
- It makes a big difference. Your monthly donation will help us give some experiences of a lifetime to underprivileged children in the Denver metro area.
- It’s cost-effective. Your money goes further, because monthly giving reduces the need for regular appeals, saving money spent on printing, paper, and stamps.
How much you should give each month?
Here are some important areas of our work that your monthly gift will help make happen:
- $10 will buy art supplies for one student in a single Learning Lab session.
- $15 helps us put on a public exhibition featuring the work by artists and youth.
- $25 makes it possible for one child to participate in a single intensive Learning Lab session with a professional resident artist.
- $35 helps underwrite the cost of our utilities and keeps the lights on.
- $50 each month allows an ArtLab student to participate in a single session of ArtLab.
- $75 contributes to artistic materials for an artist in residence for one month.
- $90 helps a Learning Lab or ArtLab group to go to a museum, the Wildlife Sanctuary, the Denver Film Center, and other sites that are normally out of reach due to cost and that inspire their creative work and flex their imaginations in the best way.
- $115 contributes to the costs of getting an ArtLab student completely ready for college through the College Access and Mentoring Program.
- $150 covers the cost of a child’s participation in a full month of Learning Lab sessions.
- $200 supports a student’s participation in ArtLab for an entire month.
Ready? Here’s how to give monthly in 10 easy steps:
- Click the Donate button above.
- Enter the amount you would like to give each month next to where it says, “Donation Amount ($)”
- Select “Yes” where it says, “Is this a recurring donation?”
- Enter the date you’d like your first monthly donation to occur next to “First installment date,” then select “Monthly” next to “How often do you want this donation to recur?” We recommend selecting “No end date (ongoing donation)” next to “When should the donation end?”
- Enter any special instructions or preferences under donation details, then click, “Add to Cart.”
- On the next page, click “Checkout.” You will be prompted to log in if you already have a username and password (which is likely if you’ve donated before), or set up a new account so the system can save your data for monthly giving.
- After you have set up an account or logged in, you will be prompted to enter payment information. You can select Bank Account or Credit Card. We highly suggest Bank Account for automatic monthly drafts from your account so you don’t have to worry about credit cards expiring. Rest assured, your payment information and other data are protected by the highest-available level of internet security.
- Enter your billing information as you would for any online purchase.
- Finally, click the checkbox signaling that you agree to the site’s terms and conditions and click, Submit!
- That’s it! Your monthly donation will be processed automatically.
- Help us secure donations of food and beverages for exhibition openings and other events. Local restaurants and beverage retailers benefit from visibility and exposure at our events. Ask your local wine shop, restaurant, grocery store, or liquor store to donate food and wine to PlatteForum.
- Serve on a committee or join the Board. Contact us
- Do a drive for donations or art supplies among your friends, book club, colleagues or other group.
- Encourage others to donate to PlatteForum. Contact us for simple talking points you can use to spread the word.
Have an idea not listed here? Let us know!