Expanding PlatteForum’s role as a creative catalyst in Denver and beyond.
PlatteForum believes that the artist is a creative catalyst for positive action and growth, both personally and in the larger community. PlatteForum’s programs support the creation and presentation of new art and ideas by contemporary artists through artist residencies. Resident artists are also paired with youth who have little to no access to learning through the arts for long-term collaboration. Located in a rich urban context, PlatteForum’s resident artists broaden their own and others’ understanding of what art is and can be.
The Artistic Director is responsible for the creative and programmatic vision of PlatteForum.
Job Title: PlatteForum Artistic Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Application deadline: May 15th, 2015
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Artistic Director will collaborate with the PlatteForum staff and Board of Directors to build upon thirteen years of success by developing and implementing a vision for the future of PlatteForum.
● Develop, implement and evaluate the artistic vision for PlatteForum.
● Inspire and support staff, artists and youth in fulfilling the highest standards for all creative work produced and presented at PlatteForum.
● Chair the Artist Committee, which selects and supports PlatteForum Artists in Residence.
● Act as a spokesperson for the organization’s artistic purpose via speaking engagements, public and social appearances and at fundraising events and solicitations.
● Cultivate relationships with relevant arts, educational and community organizations and individuals.
● Develop potential funding opportunities with the support of the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
● Create new artistic and outreach programs to further PlatteForum’s mission
● In collaboration with Program Coordinator, oversee and implement day-to-day operations of PlatteForum’s programs.
● In collaboration with Executive Director, develop performance standards and maintain dashboard for reporting results.
● Develop and implement strategies to continuously improve and expand the reach of each of PlatteForum’s program areas.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with arts administration and program management experience to grow and further develop a proven set of programs.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, and a collaborator with the ability to conceptualize big ideas and the tenacity and foresight to make them a reality.
Specific requirements include:
● Masters Degree in arts, arts education or related discipline
● 5+ of senior management experience
● Strong professional network in the arts, education and cultural communities
● A passion for and history of contributing to the arts
● Excellent communication skills
Salary: $60,000 – $68,000 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Benefits: Health insurance
Starting date: Summer 2015
To apply, send application materials by May 15th, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials to include:
● Letter of intent that includes: statement of artistic intent/vision, purpose and passion for the position and qualifications
● Three references: name, contact information and relationship