Travelers’ Tales Opening this Thursday + Call for Volunteers
EXHIBITION OPENING RECEPTION
THURSDAY, AUGUST 1, 5:30-8 P.M.
ARTIST TERI FRAME + ARTLAB
“Alexander the Great began his march into India in 327 BCE. The video series in progress is a paraphrase of this march as described in The Medieval Romance of Alexander by Jehan Wauquelin. Like other travelers’ tales of early, middle, and late histories, The Medieval Romance of Alexander emphasizes the strangeness of strangers by disabling, animalizing, and hybridizing their bodies in written descriptions. It is my intent to visually and conceptually probe such absurdities and the attitudes that perpetuate them. In addition, I aim to link such phenomena to similar trends within the contemporary landscape.” —Teri Frame
Please join us for an opening reception to kick off Travelers’ Tales on Thursday, August 1, at PlatteForum, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Free and open to the public. Reception food provided by Whole Foods Cherry Creek.
Please join us for this amazing exhibition of sculpture and video works by Creative Resident and Teri Frame and ArtLab interns. Featuring work by both artist and youth.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
As we finish preparing the exhibition to open this week, we need some serious help from volunteers. Please email Judy email@example.com ASAP with preferred slots from the list below if you can help this week:
- Tuesday (tomorrow), July 30, four time slots: 1 volunteer per two-hour session: 11am-1pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm, 5-7pm. Tasks: Working with raw clay, pressing clay into molds, smoothing sculptures.
- Wednesday, July 31, 10am-12:30pm: 2-3 volunteers to help prep the studio and paint walls for exhibition.
- Wednesday, July 31, 6-11pm: 1 volunteer to serve as the artist assistant to Teri during filming of video performance.
- Thursday, Aug 1, 11am-1pm: 1 volunteer to serve as clay/artist assistant to Teri.
- Thursday, Aug 1, 1-3pm: 2 volunteers—one installation assistant, one clay/artist assistant for Teri.
- Thursday, Aug 1, 3-5pm: 5 volunteers—one installation assistant; two assistants to apply makeup to model, work with raw clay, prep for performance; and two volunteers to help exhibition set up and final details.
Please email Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with preferred slots if you can help this week. Thank you!